Workshop

I officially need a workshop and/or a craft/sewing room.  I wonder if LPC would object to me erecting a small building just past our patio in the lake area.  Maybe this little guy?  I can see it now...
(Note that we live in apartments - so this is obviously a joke).

But for real, the past few weeks it has become quite obvious that I really need once place to keep all my sewing/crafting/woodworking supplies.  We now have a folding table in the living room with the new sewing machine, various sewing supplies in the dining room china hutch, and I use the dining room table for all cutting/pinning/etc.  When the weather is nice I can do messier projects on the patio table, and spraypainting is relegated to the breezeway or the grass outside the building (all of which my neighbors L.O.V.E.!) Fabrics and such are in baggies on the floor of the bedroom in no particular order, with other notions tucked in various disorganized spots.  I find myself sewing and looking around for scissors only to discover that I left them on the dining table.  Despite having multiple fabric scissors, they are never where I need them!  And of course no matter how much I vaccuum or dust, EVERYTHING is covered in fabric lint... Let me tell you, red burlap is messy messy messy!

I am dreaming of rooms like these:
Pinned Image
*swoon....
Pinned Image
Pinned Image

(all of the above courtesy of Pinterest)

A place for everything, and everything in it's place....

But for a 740 sq. ft. apartment, these are not in the equation.  So first things first, we need some sort of portable storage cart to at least get most of my gear in one place.  Freeing up floor and drawer space = yes, please!  Craigslist here I come!
And on a somewhat unrelated note... I am dreaming of this in my living room.  Yum!
wall of bookcases cg
Check out the DIY from Centsational Girl here.  A totally manageable project! Again, a someday project.

2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate. I might or might not be spending the weekend deciding where to put all of my photography equipment. It's been piling up in the guest bedrooms, and after having guests this weekend, I realize how terrible that plan actually is...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you friend! You should take over the office 100%! :-)

      Delete