Lately I've been itching for a change in our living room. Ok, ok, I'm always looking to change something. It's just what I do! With apartment-beige walls that we're not supposed to paint, I have to find other ways to bring texture, depth and color into our home. Right now the curtains in the living room are driving me crazy. Now, I do really like the curtains. They were FREE (my favorite) - a hand-me-down/gift from a couple I used to babysit when they got custom curtains. They're the Pottery Barn silk tab-top curtains in a pretty straw gold. But up against the beige walls, they just look blah. It would be different if we could paint the room a lovely blue, but we can't. So instead, maybe it's time to change the curtains. After sewing the ones in our bedroom (more on those in the future), I know I can easily handle some basic panels.
I'm leaning towards this lovely graphic:

I love a good chevron, and this grey and white combo still keeps in on the "neutral" side. Since I tend towards neutrals with "pops" of color, I think a chevron in a bright color would just end up driving me nuts.
And at $8.99/yard, the price is right! I prefer when possible making my own linens (from curtains to pillows) because 9 times out of 10, it will be cheaper and I can get exactly what I want. Case in point, I found some lovely curtains online using what looks to be this exact fabric. A 42" width, 84" length lined SINGLE panel was $72.00. What?! Crazy.
So, up next, convincing the Mister that this is a good idea! I'll let you know how that goes!
No comments:
Post a Comment