Finally, I found it!

Since I slipped the ottoman in our living room and started using it as our "coffee table", I have been on the hunt for the perfect size tray that I can use on top.  Our ottoman is a fairly standard size, but it has been incredibly difficult to find a tray large enough.  Plus, I wanted something inexpensive that I could refinish using tutorials like Janell's from Isabella & Max Rooms.  My inspiration? This stenciled tray.


*You can find more about how to create this tray here or on Janell's blog link above.

So on Sunday, Sister and I headed up to Ikea for an afternoon outing.  We hadn't been in years since it opened.  Although we were going so I could check out the comfort level of the Ektorp sofa, we ended up browsing the entire store.  Wow, they have so much stuff.  Needless to say, when I spotted this gem, I was so excited!  I found the perfect tray for the ottoman at a cost of just $7.99!!

KLACK Tray, rubberwood Length: 15 " Width: 23 "  Length: 38 cm Width: 58 cm
Although the tray bottom is not solid wood but more like particle-board, it's still much better than all the $30-40 Pottery Barn options I've found.  I haven't decided what colors or design I'm going to use, but I'm leaning towards a navy/ivory combo like this fabric:

Pinned Image
*Kelly Wearstler Imperial Trellis Fabric; photo courtesy of Etsy
(Side note: I would be happy to make this same pillow for any of my readers!)

However, since we have blue Ikat pillows on the sofa, I don't want anything that will compete too much.  So, Pinterest and Google here I come for more ideas on color and design.  Suggestions welcome!

I'll post "in-progress" and "after" photos ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment