My dream house went up for sale over the weekend. I've been eyeing it for months during my drives to & from hubbie's work... In case you didn't know, hubbie and I are now sharing one car after his was totaled in December. Sometimes we take the "long" way when Central is backed up.
There is this house at the corner of Belmont and Matilda, in what I guess you could call the border of Lakewood and the M Streets... and the ghetto. Anyways, I love this house. It has big columns lining the front, and HUGE windows. It's definitely a fixer-upper, and I think the current residents have been working on just that. And now it's for sale. Of course, I know there is NO way we could afford it, plus we're at least a year away from even THINKING about buying a house... But still. A girl can dream can't she?
It makes me wonder what would have happened if I had gone to architecture school instead of advertising. Mmmm, I love architecture. That's why I love this old house. It has CHARACTER. I love old houses with character. There is something incredible about an old 1900's-1930's house, with the black and white checked bathroom tiles, ornate crown moulding, elegant wainscotting, and of course claw foot tubs. I love it.
So that's my dream house. Let me know if you have a few hundred thousand I could borrow. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment