Last Day of Law School

Today is my last day of classes in law school. Ever. Then it's finals, graduation, and the start of Bar prep classes. But today is the last day I will sit in a classroom here on campus and endure a tiring lecture from my Con Law professor, while shopping online and chatting with my buds. I'm not sure I'm ready for it.

Lately all this stuff has been going on around me that signifies a major change in my life. I got married less than 4 months ago. I'm about to graduate from law school. I don't have a job. I have friends getting married and moving across the country. Other friends having babies. And still other friends just slowly moving out of my life. There are new people at church I don't know. And there are friends I wish I spent more time with. All in all my life is going through one of those transitions and I'm just not sure I'm ready for it all .... At least not all at the same time.

The reason all of this is hitting me is, I think, partly because my dear friend just had a baby on Tuesday. He is beautiful. I love him. But I think seeing her go through such a huge transition made me realize what a transition I myself am going through. I guess it took something outside to make me see what was going on inside.

If you know me at all, you know I'm not a huge fan of change. I can handle small doses. But major changes really throw me for a curveball. What can I say, I'm a control freak. And right now I feel like I have a hundred different curveballs all being thrown at once. So here I am. Word vomiting into the Internet. My husband is not such a fan of me having a blog. I told him yesterday that I had started this, and he immediately hated the idea. "Too much personal stuff on the Internet." I understand that. But I also need to vent. And to feel connected in some strange way. Who knows.

Anyway. That's all I have for now. Here's to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment