Someday I swear I am going to finish these chairs!
Starting out: Great lines, classic french style chair... But nasty 1980's upholstery and finish {It was that weird finish with all the random black paint spots that I guess was cool back them. Almost like a splatter paint}.
I finally got the fabrics removed (yes there were TWO layers of fabric stapled down quite well), ripped out the nasty batting and foam, and started stripping the chairs. Ok. I'm lying. I really only got one chair ready to be stripped. And even that one I couldn't get all the staples out.
FIVE. MILLION. STAPLES.
....and then.... Nothing. Haven't touched them in MONTHS! Of course, that is due in part to the fact that my mom took them back with her to Austin when we went to Africa, thinking she would do a little work on them. Yeah. That was August. 2011. It's now, oh, March 2012.
But these babies are coming back home in a few weeks and I WILL get them done before 2013. :)
Hoping by posting this it will give me pressure to finish!



No comments:
Post a Comment