A quick before and after

Here's a quick before and after for your Monday reading.


My mom was in town this weekend, and she found this lamp {probably another dumpster dive}, and it's the perfect height to fit on our bar, which has shelves above.  Our last lamp broke, and it is quite hard to find lamps short enough for this space.

After tearing off the trim {super easy}, I used leftover scrap fabric from our bedroom curtains and hot glue to recover the shade.

The base I sprayed with white primer and lightly sanded to distress it. Originally I planned to spray the base with a semi-gloss white paint I had on hand, but after spraying with the primer, I really liked the matte chalky look.  Plus it distressed really well!



Total Cost: FREE!!! Who doesn't love a free project?

On a side note, since I this project was a freebie, I treated myself to this new beauty for the front door!

Our management company just installed these "hardwood" floor in our entryway {previously carpeted}, so we were in need for a doormat or rug of some sort to collect the grime from the soles of all our friends dirty shoes :-)  This baby was sitting on the very first table when I walked into Home Goods.  Exactly what I was wanting.  100% woven jute.  And not the flimsy thin cheap kind either.  This guy is thick, and actually super soft!  I would love to have a huge one for the living room.  Jute. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment