So I was house-sitting next door to my parents this weekend, and was flipping through the 800 magazines that they have. House Beautiful has this picture on the cover this month, and when I saw it - I almost died!
My dad has this exact table from the 1980's... Or maybe even the '70s... And its matching chairs (with these awesome [not] peach flower print cushions). Of course, in this picture, the designers brought the table up to date by giving it this cool rubbed gold finish, and pairing it with snazzy hot pink chairs!
We still have the table and chairs out in the garage, and I plan to reclaim my inheritance rights and take them to snazz up like the mag! Note: My step-sister decided she wanted the table for her next apartment, but she's still living with my parents. Plus, it's my dad's... And it's not like SHE would let ME have anything of her mom's... So why should she get anything from my dad? I digress. [minor childish selfish moment]
Anyhoo, so if anyone has any tips on how to accomplish this look, let me know. The table in its current form is stained a medium dark wood, as are the chairs. After I do the table, I need to figure out what to do with the chairs... Stain them a dark dark wood? Give them a different antiqued finish? Ideas? Definitely need to find a great fabric to recover the cushions...
Oh. I can't do this until I sell our current table and chairs.... Or find them a temporary storage place... Anyone need a dining table and 4 chairs? Pub height, square table that has a leaf to expand to seat up to 8. Kinda like this, except in a dark brown finish instead of black:


No comments:
Post a Comment