If you've spent any time around me lately, you may have noticed I've developed an obsession with the maxi skirt. In the past few weeks, I have sewn two myself and purchased one (on clearance, of course!). A purple, black, and pink/white stripe. Love. And the greatest thing is, they are so EASY to make! Of course the greatest draw for me is the comfort! Lightweight (great for this Texas heat) and easy to throw on with a tank and flip flops for lunch with the girls or running errands. You can easily dress them up with some espadrilles and a chunky necklace.
The pink/white stripe I made is just like this from Target, except it only cost about $12 in fabric from Joann's and an hour of my time.
 |
| Target Mossimo Convertible Maxi Skirt |
If you're interested in making your own maxis, here are a few tutorials I've found.
I used the first tutorial when making my purple skirt. It was relatively easy, but I found that my stripe skirt was significantly easier because I used once piece of fabric to create the skirt bottom, instead of sewing two together! Have you ever tried your hand at a maxi?
No comments:
Post a Comment