I have spent a lot of time lately thinking about ways that I can do things that I love, and be able to support the Imbirikani Girls School in Kenya, where we went to serve on a mission trip this past summer. So I have decided to start selling some of my crafts on Etsy... A portion of my sales will go directly to the school, a prospect that I am very excited about!
The store is still in the process of formation, and a lot of tweaking needs to be done (in addition to adding a lot more items for sale!), but the basic idea is that I am going to be making household decor items like decorative pillows, curtains, table linens and the like. I will have "samples" on Etsy, with more custom options available.
I am also in the market for a new sewing machine that will embroider, so I can incorporate custom monogrammed items, and even baby items!
I am very excited about this new endeaver, and am praying for both the time (since this will be "after hours") and the support!
So, with that being said, please add Designs With A Purpose to your list of favorite Etsy shops, and keep me in mind if you ever need anything for your home!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/DesignsWithAPurpose
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment