I love new things!



Yesterday I got home to not one, but TWO gifts! One was a wedding gift from a family friend of the hubby's (Yes, we've been married for 14 months. Better late than never I say!). The other was an anniversary gift from our photographer Amy Herfurth. How exciting is that for a regular mundane Monday?!

I had to post a picture of the wedding gift we received. It's a stone tablet with our wedding invitation printed on it....


How nifty is that?? I know the picture isn't the greatest quality - I took it with an I-phone. But I just love it! What a neat way to display our wedding invitation! I'm thinking of getting one of those plate holders to display it on a shelf, since we have so much stuff on the walls..

We also got a set of these photo coasters from Crate and Barrel....


Amy put in pictures she took of the wedding! What a thoughtful photographer!

On another "new things" note, this weekend I was able to pick up the print I had framed. The print is entitled "Life" from the "Gulu Illuminated" Show by the incredible photographer Keith Peeler. The image is of children in Gulu, Uganda pumping water from a well. I love the matting I chose - the dark charcoal with the bright white underneath really makes the image pop. (Again, forgive the poor quality - I-phone camera). Please visit Keith's site to check out some of his images!


Okay so I'm realizing you can barely see much of the framing in this picture, but whatevs... I LOVE IT! Can't wait to get all this up in our new apartment!

Till next time...

2 comments:

  1. Okay I'm dumb. I didn't even put together that this was you Allison! I was reading and hit the Keith Peeler part, and was like I know him! Duh. OMG. Anyways yea thanks for your comment on my blog! I'll follow yours now too that I understand who this is!! ;) See you Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and PS I also love gifts, so I support that wedding gifts ANYtime rule too! Haha. Congrats on your great gifts! We got those C&B coasters too. LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete