This past Sunday Hubby and I reached the first of many landmarks in our life. Our one year anniversary! It was a fantastic weekend, coupled with the holiday celebrations! He surprised me with dinner Saturday evening at Stephan Pyles. It was DELISH! I highly recommend the Coffee and Doughnuts for dessert... Yum, yum, yum! I, of course, forgot to ask the waiter to take our picture, so I have no visual reminders of dinner, but oh well!
With one year under my belt, and a new year to look forward to, I thought a look back on 2009 would make for a good post, considering my lack of posting for quite some time! [Plus I kinda got the idea from a few other blogs I follow!]
The beginning...
I GOT MARRIED! What better way to start off a new year than starting a beautiful new marriage!
A fab collage from Lindsay

Pre-ceremony: Photo by Amy Herfurth

MARRIED!

February...
First Valentines Day -
Nothing better than a night in, a bottle of champagne and a big screen TV!
March came so quickly...
Sally hosted a rocking St. Patty's Party
April...
Hubby and I babysit for a full weekend! Carnival with 3 kids - WOW!
Kristen got her Aggie ring, and the cousins celebrated in College Station
Who knew I could love someone else's baby so much?!
Seriously, I love this little man with my whole heart!
Can't wait til we have one of our own!
And then in May...
I graduated from LAW SCHOOL! Phew!
And then there were two... Lindsay got hitched! And it was so fun!
In June life was paused...
I started preparing for the July Bar Exam... And fed the ducks a lot
But Tally's wedding was a bright spot in a very dreary summer

August came...
Hubby and I celebrated the end of the Bar Exam by heading to New Orleans!
September was lovely...
Jamie got married!

But then she moved to Denver, and I got sad... :(
Luckily, we beat Oklahoma, and we had a blast at the State Fair!

November...
I PASSED THE BAR!!!
The next week I GOT A JOB!!!
I left my part time job at Lindsay's office, which was sad because I LOVED seeing one of my best friends every single day! But I was super pumped about having a job with a family law firm!
Thanksgiving in Fort Worth with my family was a blast! The Aggies were downstairs and the Longhorns upstairs watching the game and hanging out!
December...
We had a long haul through Texas over Christmas... First San Antonio for David and Stephanie's wedding, Corpus for my birthday and Christmas, Austin for the rest of Christmas, then back to Dallas for some MORE Christmas fun! It was a long and exhausting week, especially since I was fighting major ear infections... But all in all, we had a great time with...
FAMILY!
And that folks, was 2009 for the Murphy's!
Phew. That took forever.


No comments:
Post a Comment