1) My couch.
My butt has been firmly planted in the center of it, surrounded by books, notepads, highlighters and pens every single day for far too long. I'm pretty sure the cushion is getting a permanent imprint in it. Luckily, I have a red chair next to the couch for when I need a change of scenery.
2) The sight of my apartment.
I haven't set foot outside in 2 days. I think. The last time I did was to check the mail, and go on a walk around the lakes. I think I'm going to need to do that again today. I'm getting antsy. Plus the general state of my apartment would cause my grandmother to have a heart attack. Hundreds of notecards strewn about the dining room table, bobby pins on every table...
[including in the drain of the washing machine, which required me to call maintenance (woohoo for maintenance!) and 1) take out every piece of laundry from the FULL soapy machine, and 2) Finish washing all those clothes in the bathtub... My thumb muscles are still sore from squeezing out enough water to put them in the dryer] ...
dust has collected everywhere [except the couch!], including the lamp shades. Sick. Shoes are everywhere, bags, clothes, computers, papers... And general filth. I need a maid BAD.
3) Showering and eating.
It just takes too much time out of my productive hours.
4) The painters outside my window.
They've been painting all the buildings in the complex for the past couple months. They were supposed to paint ours "June 22 - 28".... Then it was "June 27 - July 5"... Then again it was "July 7 - 10"... WELL THEY'RE STILL HERE!!! It's rather awkward trying to study with the blinds open when there is a strange man painting RIGHT outside your patio doors. I feel like I should wave or something. Instead I have to close the blinds, thus turning the living room into a cave [that's what happens when you have no ceiling light fixture]
5) My eyebrows.
I need a wax. Bad. Like, haven't waxed or tweezed since graduation. EEK.
6) The cold beer in the fridge, and my swimsuit in the bathroom.
Taunting. Teasing. Tempting me. Mmmm.
7) Being unemployed. Not having a trust fund.
I think that's pretty self-explanatory.
8) Not having a car.
Well. It makes it sort of hard to take a break. And I can't go get my brows done. So, that kinda stinks.
Ok. So that's my list for today. Rock on. T-minus 5 days left to cram for the Texas Bar Exam.
Catch ya on the flip side....

No comments:
Post a Comment