I'm excited to share one of my mom's most recent finds (frankly, my mom is a way better "diver" than I am... I get more of my finds at thrift stores, Craigslist and flea markets). Sunday afternoon she found this gem just set out next to the trash can of one of her neighbors (picture from website):
Yes, that's right. A KING size, practically brand new, upholstered headboard with nailhead trim. It's in GREAT shape (per Mom) and I just cannot understand why someone would throw it out. Granted, it's not Restoration Hardware or anything fancy, but it does sell online for $400. The funny thing is that for the past few months I have been wanting to change out our heavy, dark wood bed for an upholstered headboard. I've even been collecting ideas on Pinterest, and calculating the cost of a DIY headboard project.
Then fate stepped in!
The found treasure headboard is upholstered in black, and the nailheads are silver. I will definitely reupholster her in a new fabric - probably a pretty pale linen, and may use brass nailheads. I may even do some tufting to it like some of my inspiration photos.
What do you think? Yay or nay on the tufting? I can't decide if it's a trend I'll be sick of in 5 years or not. Of course, knowing me, I'll have a new bed in five years anyway!
I'm really excited to get started on this project (after I finish the 800 other projects in line before this one). It's great that this find will save me the cost and effort of building a headboard from scratch! And since we'll be moving mid-March, I actually have some serious incentive to get these projects completed!



WHAT???!! that was in the garbage???? BEAUTIFUL!!! i say go for the tufting! you didnt pay anything for it, so even if you are sick of it in 5 years, no loss. plus, couldnt you just recover it again?
ReplyDeleteI vote tufted! We just bought our official formal dining room set, and it has tufted chairs. I'm obsessed with them. While I do acknowledge that tufted is trendy right now, I think it is also a classic look that has been around a long time. In any event, I certainly hope I'm not sick of the tufted look in 5 years...I'll be out of luck!
ReplyDelete