I have been trying to re-do the living room on a budget, so I decided to try my hand at slipcovering the hand-me-down red chairs from my parents. While my dad loves the old red fabric (I'll admit it's not all that bad, but worn out), it doesn't go at all with the vision of neutrals and blues I've had for years. So, without further adieu, my chair transformation...
Before:

And after:

I won't lie, this was not an easy project. I won't say it was hard, but rather tedious. For those of you (few) folks interested in the how to's of this project, I'll post in more detail later. But suffice it to say that an inexpensive drop cloth from Home Depot and a little bit of lovely fabric for pillows can really change a piece of furniture!
Now just to finish the second chair and ottoman.... :-/

I LOVE this!! What a beautiful transformation! Great ruffle. I can't wait to see how you did it. I'd love to do something like this to our chaise lounge.
ReplyDelete