I am so thankful for people who can speak honestly. From the heart. The truth that so many of us don't want to hear, don't choose to hear, or are too afraid to hear. I am thankful that I have friends who are open and honest about life. People who can reach out and say "I'm hurting" or "I'm struggling". Friends who will also speak truth into my own life. Who can look at me and say "I think you need consider this" or "maybe should you pray about that". How easy is it to paste on a smile and act like everything is just peachy? It is so much harder to open up about the real struggles of life, and also to speak up to hold someone accountable.
I think it's such a blessing to have a community of friends who really care about each other's successes and struggles. I am thankful every day that I have such a community. I hope that each of you reading this has the same; but if not, I pray that you find one.

No comments:
Post a Comment